Tuesday 20 May 2014

This morning...

Started differently to so many others that have gone before. Miss G. wasn't there when I awoke (she's away on a course) and so the house felt "quiet" - like the rooms had been abandoned until I walked into each one to find it afresh. A room without a presence is devoid of everything - it needs sound, life, movement to become complete again.

It continued in a familiar way though - start the laptop ready to work, making sure the first action is to click "Listen" on Classic FM, allowing the gentle sounds to float into my home office. Classical music is a fantastic accompaniment to work. I can tune in and out, it allows me to concentrate completely on the current design I'm working on, or to drift away for a minute or two - and when I return the solution to the problem is usually waiting for me. I'm still in the very early stages of learning about classical music. I'm beginning to get a feel for what I do and don't like, although putting those feelings into words maybe a little premature...as a starter, to my ears, Beethoven is good, Chopin isn't - but I'm sure many will disagree with me, and I'm not going to say they're wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment